Phone lines are open as of September 14th! Call Downeast Community Partners between 8am – 12pm to start the HEAP (formerly called LiHEAP) application process. Applications can take up to a month to process so don’t delay.
DCP requests that you provide the following items to process your application:
- Current proof of income for everyone in your household
- A current electric bill
- Date of birth and social security cards for everyone in your household
- Current photo ID for main applicant
- A copy of your current lease (if you rent)
- The name of your energy dealer as well as your account number if you have one
- See their website here for more details on what items you might need
If you are having trouble getting any of these items (like a photo id, or social security cards) contact DCP to make an appointment with one of their Resource Advocates. It’s a great program where a resource advocate can either meet you at the DCP office or come right to your home to help you find ways get the items you need to meet your goals – like getting your ID so you can apply for fuel assistance. The program is free and available to individuals of all ages. Click here to read more about this service.